Town Clock and Central Square Looking Northwest, ca. 1950

Dublin Core

Title

Town Clock and Central Square Looking Northwest, ca. 1950

Description

In this view of the Town Clock on Central Square, Morgan & Wood Ltd. and Londoniani Stores Ltd. stores are visible on the northwest and northeast quadrants of the roundabout junction of Station Road (now Oginga Odinga Road) with Location Road (now Mosque Road). Londiani Stores Ltd. was a grocery store. The date of the photo is unknown. The Town Clock was dedicated in 1938, but the roundabout and other islands in the roadway were concrete in the years soon after completion of Central Square. Given the age of the vehicles and the fact that vegetation is seen on the roundabout and island, it seems likely that the photo was taken sometime around 1950.

Source

J. Mark Souther Collection

Collection

Citation

“Town Clock and Central Square Looking Northwest, ca. 1950,” Kisumu Archive, accessed September 18, 2021, https://archive.macleki.org/items/show/3129.

Output Formats